2015 was the warmest year on record! You can read more here.
What does this mean for us in New York? Well, here’s a few:
Climate Change Effects in New York
· Sea levels are rising, worsening the risks from coastal floods and storm surges.
· Summers have more super-hot days.
· Diseases typical of warmer climates are appearing here.
· Intense precipitation events are more common, and so are long dry spells.
· Winter snow cover is decreasing and spring arrives earlier.
· Average nighttime temperatures are warming faster than daytime temperatures, a pattern specific to warming from excess greenhouse gases.